Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My ultimate saber! A WIP!

Default My ultimate saber! A WIP!

Hey there everyone! I thougth I would start a thread showing the progress of a new saber I have in the works.

Heres what I have so far. I have a) A Graflex falsh modified to be ESB style and B) Buttered toast V.1 courtesy of Jonitus

Heres what I want it to end up like, K2 Blue Tims Graflex blade holder, Thick walled 3/4 blade.

The best part about this saber is the neat display stand It has. Its kinda like a MR style case, It will be sweet!
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

so you got the other buttery goodness
    i was about to pay, when i saw that they were all gone

i look forward to pics nonetheless
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    so you got the other buttery goodness
    i was about to pay, when i saw that they were all gone

i look forward to pics nonetheless
    Sorry LM I guesse your saber was ment to have an Ultra Board

Heres a pic of the saber (plaque says parks but I have good sources that gaurenteer its beter then a parks )
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Its here!

And here is its future guts , Buttered Toast v.1
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Cool, Ti-El... I'm about to wire up my second v1.2 board as well... this time a sith saber.

Might I recommend the following:

1. Use quick-disconnects (either pairs of "9v" snap connectors or TCSS ones) for both LED leads and the speaker leads.

2. If you're using rechargeables--definitely use a "kill switch" of some sort, or the board will drain the batteries even when "off".

3. If you're using a K2, Erv and I found that 7.2v or 7.4v Li-Ions are pretty darn great for giving just the right current, and a NUTSO run-time.

4. Try my sound font (on Erv's site), you'll like it. If you want to go darkside... I just sent Erv my "sith" sounds too...

5. Even Erv agrees with me that his speaker is nice... but there ARE even nicer ones out there... do some research and look for a speaker that is a bit bigger and also--different material...

The speaker Erv uses is actually meant for more higher-pitched sounds, and not quite as "middle-ranged" as other speakers.

MR speakers have a nice "middle" range, but there are even better ones out there.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Looks to be a nice project. Keep us updated.

I agree with Novastar. Browse around Erv's site for sound fonts you might like. Nova's is a nice font.

For speaker, I will suggest (because it always gave me good results in Graflex bodies with adequate resonance chamber - the speaker from a Hasbro) If you pick up a 1.25" plastic sinktube and cut a piece from the flared end, it fits very nicely inside the ID of the Graflex and gives a nice shelf to secure the speaker to.

Im glad you guys like it but I have some questions. Im going to Run it on a 3 watt red, rechargble batterys and a MR Luke speaker.I was only going to have 2 switches but I think I need three. Novastar how did you do your one? I remember it was k2 greenand it was awsome, how many switches were there in total?

EDIT: With the battery pack I wont have it with a jack.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

So you'll take the pack out to charge it? That should work fine.

As for switches, I don't see needing three. Two should be more than fine. One for turning the saber on and off, the other for blaster and lockup. The sabers Erv builds only have two switches. If in question, seek the source and ask him directly.

Would this work for wiring?
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Ordered my stuff, heres what i got.
    LED Graflex adapter

Set of 4 Graflex electrical pins

Graflex pin tool

Graflex Red Button Replica Thumbscrew

7.2V 2200mAh Rechargeable battery pack

2.4V-7.2V Nimh Smart charger

Complete LED blade

MR stock switch

I also have some cool micro momentary switches coming in the mail.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"