Thread: question about sounds

Default question about sounds

ok, just for ideas....what do you (anyone who reads this) think would be the ideal sound/effect setup for a saber....be specific. im trying to get an idea on what i want to do with my saber, thats not too difficult. what sound board, of course the corbin board, or whatever you think...if you think its a waste of time....put that down too. thanks.

the corbin board is just a driver if im right. if you want a custom sound board i recomend ervs v2. it is by far the best custom board i have ever seen. it is a driver for the lights and a sound board in one. (saves space)

as for the sounds i like the ROTJ luke skywalker acctivation noise. thats my oppinion though. the sound is totaly up to you.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i like the luke esb ignition, and the maul for a sith saber.
    erv's V2 will be the best out.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

what is the erv's? i have never heard of it. im trying to figure out what i should put in my saber once the wife will let me spend the money on it.

Check out the thread For buttered toast, or erv's website

http://www.plecterlabs.com/
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

The ideal setup for sounds is that they can be programmable by the user. That way, you can install whatever sounds you like, and make sure they sound good with whatever speaker and resonance cavity you have to use.

I've already created a custom "lockup" sound that I think is excellent in comparison to some of the ones Erv has available. That is the POINT of programmability!

Thank heavens for buttered toast!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

well, i dont have the knowledge to build a sound board. im doing this subject to determine what would be ideal for someone who wants sound (me) by using something i could get a hold of...such as a hasbro board or fx....the fx boards are hard to get bc tim never has them in stock! arg!

Sometimes you can score an as-is condition force FX saber on eBay that has a good soundboard you could use. I got one a few months ago from a totally thrashed 2005 Vader...but the board was good.

That would be my first, best suggestion.

awesome. i look for those every once in a while, but most people dont sell them i think. ill keep looking.

Seriously, pic up Erv's V" when he releases it.
    That's the best option for the personal touch.

I think i'll be using Luke ROTJ activation, dooku hum.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?