Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your worst job to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Do-Clo View Post
    I had the evening shift from 3 pm to 6 pm every day and then from 9 am to 9 pm on Sunday for a total of 48 hours a week.

?? huh ???

3pm - 6pm = 3 hours (daily)

3 hours x 6 days = 18 hours (weekly)

12 hours (Sunday) + 18 hours (weekly hours) = 30 hours......no?

either way.. I remember FULL SERVICE.. and thats alot of work for $3.10 an hour...IN THE COLD.

Especially if you were BUSY all day long.

Oh Yeah did I mention the Electronic Voting Software/machines (Diebold competitor) that he ran ILLEGALLY for an election that was NOT FEDERALLY CERTIFIED!!! lol
    Last edited by xl97; 04-28-2008 at 09:13 AM.

worst job ever was selling speakers out of van!

Ride around all day in the freezing cold with the windows down yelling at every person you pulled up next to or passed walking down the road.

It was a total scam and I only did it for one day, but it left a lasting impression on me.

The lesson of the day = Don't answer adds in the paper that seem to good to be true, because they are!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

night crew for home depot, we were the guys that came in at 10pm and left at 7am, theyd bring in new stock on pallets and we'd have to sort it and get it on the shelves, 20 pallets in my section would be relatively slow.

oh yeah, an I pulled a 37 hour shift over christmas too.

Veichle Recovery.

6 Days on, 3 days off, on the 6 days on its 24hr callout.

Around christmas i left the house at 7 in the morning, and didnt get back in till 4 the next morning

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

Washing the car... the money doesn't just come

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Supervisor in a Customer "service" Department for a Mental Health Insurance company. So not only were my callers unstable, their medical bills weren't getting paid, and I was the guy that got the call when they said "I want to talk to a supervisor"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

When I was about 14, I worked in the butcher shop in a grocery store after school. Basically, I would show up and work with the butchers for a while, then they would go home for the night and I would clean the place from top to bottom.

I developed a very strong stomach, and a high tolerance for the sight of blood.

Oh, and you think the floor drain in the car wash was bad? Let me tell you some stories...

Worst job ever? Current one can suck installing security systems. Crawling in attics in the summer(in the south) or under house anytime. But the worst one was the summer I worked at a state park in Texas. Cleaning public restrooms and emptying garbage cans 10 hrs a day 4 days a week in Texas heat.
    "Great Warrior? Wars Not Make One Great."

My worse job was working in the ER of a Philadelphia Hospital from 7pm till 7am then leaving work and going to college down the street for class. The job was great in a lot of respects but also had parts I didn't enjoy.

One responsibility was to explain to people that I was going to put an NG tube through their nose and have it go into their stomach. Then I was going to hook that hose to a vaccum and drain their stomach contents through their nose. The "best" part was then I took the bucket and performed Lab analysis on the stomach contents. I had to wear a rubber gauntlet up to my right elbow to get the "samples".

Unhappy

The worst job that I had was when I was a teenager and had to pick oranges in sunny hot florida !!I had to fight snakes for a place in the trees and by the end of the day I was soo tired,my buns were hanging where my shoes should be lol!!