Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your worst job to date.

Default Your worst job to date.

I just want to see what some of the worst jobs you guys have/had.

I have to say that the worst job that I ever had was where I work for a Tax Office and I was a "waver" to try to bring in people to do their taxes. I only work for about five hours a day, but I would get the finger at least ten times and call me names, which I rather not repeat. Some of the things that I were through would make anyone depressed. Thank God I got a new job and I didn't stay there too long.
    Some walk on the Path of Light
    Some walk on the Path of Dark

I shall walk both Paths.

Ryma Mara

Dish washer at village inn.

First real job really. sucked but I was prolly the only 17yo kid still in school making 7$ an hour to do very little. then summer hit and man that sucked.

Never work in a food service industry during jon C fremont days.

I think I've been pretty lucky, Rob... but--I was a temp for some "summer stints" in between the early college years... not exactly days of wine & roses shuffling papers and basically being a "collation station"... lol

I did have this semi-cool job once where I got to play around with special FX makeup such as burn scars, bullet holes, blood, slime, prosthesis, and you know--all that good stuff...

I turned it into a profit-maker when Halloween rolled around, painting kids faces and offering to "pimp" out people's faces with some ultimate makeup work.

One dude came in and said he was entering a contest and wanted to win. He was going as Beetlejuice. So I hooked him up. I worked super hard on him, for a few hours actually!!! He paid me $200, and said if he won... he'd come back and tip me more!

I said it wasn't necessary and expected never to see him again.

He came back. He won 1st place!! hahaha.. and tipped me $100.

But that was a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Tool mechanic in an oilfield shop.

My job was to take hydraulic stator-driven motors apart, clean, service and reassemble them. Each part is really heavy, often requiring the use of an overhead crane to maneuver them around the shop. Each part was covered in either mud, diesel-invert mud, pipe dope or some other muck. Parts were cleaned with solvent and washed with a power washer.

Work started promptly at 7:30 am and by 7:45, you had a sweat rolling off you. Lunch was the only break during the day, and the day ended when all the motors were off the floor and serviced. Often midnight was quitting time. All this loveliness for a meager $8 per hour. Lots of overtime, but it sure wasn't worth it.

Car Wash attendant.

The car wash and I didn't get along very well... And the boss was a Donkey. We called him "Rick the #$&@"

Bad jobs are the most important jobs you'll ever have... They build character and when you get a good job you'll know just how good it really is.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

working at a camp as an intern. i worked from 6 to 12 every day for the whole summer. oh and every one there hated and i mean hated star wars.

top that.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

detaseling, Clean up in the hormel inedible augers. stinky

BLUE 3- Ready

liquor store manager, dealing with drunks, and shoplifters all day long, and then you had to deal with them after work when they blamed you for their crappy nite.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

lol ok yall win.

My worst job?
    Hmmm....... That's a tough call. I WOULD say forward observer back when I was in the Army, but sometimes that was fun too. I got to guide missles to their target with a laser. That wasn't my regular job though. I was attached to the 75th Inf Div, 3rd Ranger Bat out of Ft. Benning, GA. Sometimes that job really sucked. I was just too stupid to realize it at the time.
    I suppose my worst job was a summer job I had when I was 14. I worked as a janitor's aid at the high school. We were stripping tables one day and I got some acid splashed in my eye. It's a wonder I didn't lose the eye. It removed my eyelashes, eyebrow and put a blood clot over the entire eye like a contact lens. I was rushed to the hospital and had to wear a patch for the next 2 months. They saved the eye though.

Corbin