Thread: CFX programming help - accent LED

Default CFX programming help - accent LED

Hello,
    I posted this on the MHS Builder's Showcase on Facebook and figured I'd place this here too. If I'm not supposed to ask these kinds of questions there please let me know and I won't do so in the future.

I am looking at using accent LED pad 8 on CFX to do my crystal chamber as I am only using a single color LED. In the 'leds" config file it says right after the heading

// Blinking LED configuration file
    ## NOTES : only accents #2-5-6-7-8 can be PWM / pulsing / mirror / audio flicker

polarity=NNNNNNNN

What is the polarity line for?

Also, here is a sample of my intended code to have pad 8 just mirror the blade:

[POWERON]
    accents=aaaaaaab
    <forever>
    state=00000001
    </forever>

[POWEROFF]
    accents=aaaaaaab
    <forever>
    state=00000001
    </forever>

[LEDS]
    accents=aaaaaaab
    <forever>
    state=00000001
    </forever>

How does that look? I've read the manual and tried doing my homework but this is what I came up with.

Polarity is so you can reverse the polarity of the pad from how it normally would. This way you can use the pads with either a common anode RGB LED or common cathode version. As for your example, b will mirror the blade flickering and brightness, so should work.

Thanks for your reply; I actually reached out to Erv too and he very quickly helped me with this and a few extra questions I had. Erv and TCSS are legends!