Thread: 7/8" blade plug with neopixel set up

Default 7/8" blade plug with neopixel set up

Hey all,
    Saw several plugs for 7/8" blade holders and all were basically for in hilt LED's. I'm all pixel's in all my hilts, but have a few hilts that only take 7/8" blades.
    Any chance for one that has a PCB with a couple of neopixels in a 7/8" tube and a decent cap like the TCSS NPBLADEPLUGS1?

The saber armory sell 7/8 parabolic hollow blade tips. They are UK based but ,apparently, worldwide shipping is cheap and quick.
    Any good?
    Last edited by Greenie; 08-24-2023 at 02:05 AM.

Etsy is always an option for the fancier blade plugs, but you can easily make your own or even convert an in-hilt one with something like this: https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/P...CB--P1741.aspx

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Greenie, where is he asking for 7/8" tips? And we sell 7/8" parabolic tips
    7/8" Thin walled Trans White parabolic Pixel blade tip (thecustomsabershop.com)

You could use the following parts, a section of tube, and a tip to make one. Or add the following parts to any thin walled 7/8" blade plug made for in hilt LED's.
    7/8" Thin Walled Pixel Blade Adapter (thecustomsabershop.com)
    Pixel Blade Plug PCB (thecustomsabershop.com)
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yeah. My error. Sorry Tim.

It's ok Greenie.
    I was just trying to see what is out there in 7/8". I have plenty of 7/8" extra blade overages from the several 40" ones I cut down to 32" or so for my builds. Plenty for plugs.
    I do make my own 1" Neopixel plugs from left over 144 strips and have used the one that RavenXp posted and also soldered around four looped pixels around on the PCB board in the tube for more illumination. All worked fine. I use inverted generic Norelco electric shaver heads and ream/attach in the center whatever I have on hand in my junk draw. Old soldering iron tips, brass tubes and aluminum automotive fittings. All of the turbine look heads fit perfect in the clear 1" thin tubes with the diffuser with a touch of epoxy.
    The 7/8" tube is a hair narrower than the shaver heads, so I have to do some research.
    Ordered more items from TCSS for starters.
    Here are a few of my 1" pixel plugs.IMG_0830 (2).jpg

Ok, I made a 7/8" plug by obtaining a smaller dia shaver head and epoxied it on inverted. Made burn marks with a butane torch. Looks pretty good on my Emperor saber.
    IMG_0834.jpg

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Looks great!
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop