Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fried GHv3?

Default Fried GHv3?

So I'm not sure if I was supposed to do the update on my GHv3. I decided to try the update. When I connected the board again, it made a loud beep and hasn't done anything since. Like, literally nothing happens. I bought the board from here. Did I ruin my board? I know my wiring is fine, it all happened when I messed with the sd card beyond fonts and color profiles.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

What update did you try to do exactly? Are you sure you have the files on the SD card in the correct structure?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I did the one from the manual, the direct install onto the sd card. I'm beginning to doubt I had the correct structure. This happened after trying to replace the original sd card because the contacts were scratched up from being ejected from the board (which I also found odd).

I meant what files did you use to update it. Where did you get them.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Sorry if I'm not answering correctly, but I used the file in this .pdf provided on SaberTec's website (which was linked in the manual) --> https://sabertec.net/wp-content/uplo...ware-v3.34.pdf
    All the files listed there are what I used.

If you installed all of that correctly. When you applied power it would say updating but I have seen it not say updating.. either way you want to leave power applied for a couple of minutes to give it time to do the update. When the update is done the update file is removed from the SD card root directory.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

So should I try the update again and see what happens?

Couldn't hurt at this point.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That was my thought. 20 minutes and nothing, even after different batteries and speakers. No sound, no lights, nothing at all. I think my board is borked.

We have had customers bring in "dead" boards and all we did was put in a new SD card and it worked again. I wouldn't give up hope yet. If nothing else send it in and I will take a look.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop