Thread: Wiring the LED in an 8-pin illuminated switch?

Default Wiring the LED in an 8-pin illuminated switch?

I have an old momentary switch with a ring light, and I want to use it with a Crystal Focus 5.6 board so that the ring lights up while the saber is on, but off while in sleep mode. I assumed I would one of the accent LED pads, but I don't know what to connect where. I found an unhelpful diagram on a site that sells a similar switch, which I'll attach here along with a photo of my actual switch.IMG_9954.jpgIMG_9955.jpgLTCH-K3-ORG_3.jpg

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Diagram here.
    16mm Anti Vandal Latching Blue Ring Switch (thecustomsabershop.com)

To keep it as basic as possible.. use C1 and NO1 for the actual switch wires.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Mah Al Ibara View Post
    I have an old momentary switch with a ring light, and I want to use it with a Crystal Focus 5.6 board so that the ring lights up while the saber is on, but off while in sleep mode. I assumed I would one of the accent LED pads, but I don't know what to connect where. I found an unhelpful diagram on a site that sells a similar switch, which I'll attach here along with a photo of my actual switch.IMG_9954.jpgIMG_9955.jpgLTCH-K3-ORG_3.jpg
    I’m not sure that the 5.6 had sleep mode, or that you’ll be able to turn off the switch light when the saber isn’t running.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If it is a latching switch that will not matter.

I know the OP said momentary but it looks like a latching one to me.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    If it is a latching switch that will not matter.

I know the OP said momentary but it looks like a latching one to me.
    Tim, you might be right! I don't have the original packaging. I will test it.

I was sure that Tim was right and these were latching, but when I wired everything up, they wouldn't work with the default Crystal Focus setting of latching. (The saber stayed on and would only turn off for a split second before starting up again.) When I changed the settings to momentary, the switch worked fine. But though I wired up the LED to the first accent LED pad on the CF, it didn't light up. I need to check the settings on the micro SD and also make sure my bridge is actually bridged and the other wires are solid.