Thread: Color Xtender Wiring

Default Color Xtender Wiring

Hello everyone! Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong spot however wiring discussion feels like it is what best describes my question. I am making a saber for my son so I am not wanting to buy a whole bunch of new stuff but rather recycle old items I've kept. My question is I am using a tri-cree and resistors to produce a nice looking yellow. Is it possible to use a Color Xtender with an old ROTJ board to mix the colors better or should I stick with the resistors and not bother with the Color Xtender

The color extender was specifically designed for the CFv6 - v9. You’re not likely going to be able to mix colors with a board like that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    The color extender was specifically designed for the CFv6 - v9. You’re not likely going to be able to mix colors with a board like that.
    Thank you for that! So that I correctly understand you, hypothetically speaking if I were to have ether a Crystal Focus Sound Module X MK3, Golden Harvest v3 Phase 4 Sound Module, Crystal Focus Saber Core V9.0, Nano Biscotte V4.0, Pico Crumble V2.5, or PRIZM v5.5 to be able to make use of the color extender, correct?

No. The color extenders were specifically for CF v6 - v9. They aren’t for other boards. And the CFX doesn’t use it because it handles everything on the board. Nanos and Picos are old tech that’s been discontinued.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com