Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My take on R2D2 with TCSS parts

Default My take on R2D2 with TCSS parts

Hey all,
    Decided to pay homage to our little droid who's been a trooper through episodes 4-9 movies. All parts are via TCSS.
    Main body is powder coated white & blue, Graflex glass eye offset, upper chrome AV is blue LED, lower AV is black with white LED, Blade has 6 feet of wrap, Tri-Cree BBW two Royal Blue with one white for clashes, Emitter & pommel are as droid shaped as I could find, GHv3 card with a random mechanical sound fonts to it, a couple of dozen force fonts that range from all the movies: R2 whistles & screams, C3PO, Luke, Leia, Obi, Hans, Guido, Jawas, Tuskens, Wampas, Chewey, Jabba, speeder bikes and even the Wilhelm scream, and many more.
    Was a fun build and I like it.
    IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Looks great!
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Very nice. But Artoo was a hero in the prequels too.

Greenie

Nicely done!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Very nice. I thought powder coating was only solid color these days. Was it a special order?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Very nice. But Artoo was a hero in the prequels too.

Greenie
    Yep, you're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CAD Wizard View Post
    Very nice. I thought powder coating was only solid color these days. Was it a special order?
    TCSS did the Wet White and I had a neighbor do the blue for free because I changed the starter motor on his wife's car. He also did narrow the top white and bottom black strip on the blade holder.

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the Tri-Cree's and going pixel. I've grown tired of the LED style and the uneven lighting, especially at the base of the blade no matter how I've tried with the wraps and mirrored tip.
    I made four pixel and four LED sabers. The only color that looks decent with LED's is red, and I made a Sith saber with TCSS F-16 hilt kit. That has a Tri-Cree RRW on a GHv3 board.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperR View Post
    Hey all,
    Decided to pay homage to our little droid who's been a trooper through episodes 4-9 movies. All parts are via TCSS.
    Main body is powder coated white & blue, Graflex glass eye offset, upper chrome AV is blue LED, lower AV is black with white LED, Blade has 6 feet of wrap, Tri-Cree BBW two Royal Blue with one white for clashes, Emitter & pommel are as droid shaped as I could find, GHv3 card with a random mechanical sound fonts to it, a couple of dozen force fonts that range from all the movies: R2 whistles & screams, C3PO, Luke, Leia, Obi, Hans, Guido, Jawas, Tuskens, Wampas, Chewey, Jabba, speeder bikes and even the Wilhelm scream, and many more.
    Was a fun build and I like it.
    IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    Great build!
    Note taken: add Wilhelm scream to all my builds
    -Rob

Other hobbies: target shooting, hiking.
    If you need any help with any of those(i.e gear advice/picking a rifle( most of my stuff is from https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/ ) - hit me up.

I have the scream in two of my builds. The regular scream in R2 and a modified one that has a blaster shot followed by the scream and then a body hitting the ground in my Rey's blaster build. Most of the sound bytes were in mp3 format, but easily converted to WAV.
    I'm in the process of converting R2 to neopixel as all my others that have LED's. I'll have around four LED assemblies and complete blades I'm going to sell here soon.