Thread: Captcha solve

Default Captcha solve

While I finally managed to register with this forum (as you see , I'd however like to notify you about oddities I encountered during the registration process. Have to point out that my internet access bandwidth is limited (only 64 kbps, i.e. ISDN speed). With full-featured browser, complex pages take several minutes to load. Alas, user forums nowadays make use of CAPTCHAs to register with their
    sites. There is no way to decipher CAPTCHAs with a text mode browser... Worth mentioning that completing one CAPTCHA alone was not enough. Only after the fifth or sixth, a dearly yearned "A welcome message with further instructions has been sent to your e-mail address." was displayed.
    The registration took some energy I'd better have used for something useful. It seems that not the connection speed to forum was the limiting (cumbering) factor, but rather the redirection to external Google servers. Suggestions or confirmation appreciated.
    Regards
    Last edited by Cnnorr; 12-22-2022 at 07:43 AM.

We have had a lot of issues with spam bots, so the CAPTCHA is necessary. You’re here now, so you don’t need to worry about that anymore.

Welcome to the forums.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com