Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: first cfx build help

Are you sure the blade is pushed down far enough so that the pins on the hilt side are mAking full contact?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Are you sure the blade is pushed down far enough so that the pins on the hilt side are mAking full contact?
    Yeah I double checked

ONLY the leds on the connector are lighting up red when powered on, the blade won't power on and the leds don't animate, they are just a static red

Have you tried switching colors while the blade is out, to see if the connector changes color?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

it does not

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Have you tried switching colors while the blade is out, to see if the connector changes color?
    I should also clarify the leds on the connector turn red as soon as I plug the battery in. They don’t stay lit when I plug in the charger. And they turn off whenever o hold the aux button to power cycle. So the leds are ONLY turning on when the saber is on so they aren’t wired straight to the battery. But they still only light up red even if I try to change the color and won’t light the blade up at all.

The most frustrating part is that I had it working one night. The blade lit up, I could change the length and color. Then when I woke up the next day and turned it back on. It only lit up red and has been that way since.

What kind of battery are you using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I was using a 7.4 volt 18650 battery from TCSS. But once I realized that wouldn’t fit in my build the way I wanted I switched to the smaller single cell 18650. I also bought the chargers for them from TCSS I’m still using the 7.4v for testing.

Ah! That’s not going to work. You will need a 15A 3.7V 18650 battery. I thought we had already covered that, but I guess not.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines