Thread: Disassembly of 2018 Hasbro BS Obi-Wan Ep1 Lightsaber

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Default Disassembly of 2018 Hasbro BS Obi-Wan Ep1 Lightsaber

Hi all! I am totally green and have been reading like a madman on these forums. I've just successfully converted a 2005 MR Anakin thanks to the tutorial but my question is not about that.

I have a 2018 Hasbro Black Series Obi-Wan Ep1 saber that I want to convert to neopixel. Is there a disassembly guide on this anywhere on the forum? I have searched high and low and can't find anything. There's nothing on here or on YouTube. Apologies if there is and I totally missed it but I feel like I've combed through every thread. Has anyone taken this thing apart? Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Looking at a review vid of the 2019 Black series (I couldn't find a 2018 version), it looks to be nearly identical to the 2009 version Hasbro. However, that is only going off surface level info that I can see, and would need some exploring, but for now I will link the 2009 conversion tutorial to you can compare it to the saber you have to see if it is the same construction as I suspect. Wish I could be more help than that.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kits-available

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Thank you for the response Raven! I believe the 2019 is the 2018 version, it was just released in 2019. I'll definitely use the 2009 tutorial to go off of, it does look near identical. Just really looking to completely gut it. I appreciate your insight!