Thread: Illumicore for a dumbie

Default Illumicore for a dumbie

Hi I am truly sorry. I have no electronic experience and have never attempted anything like this. I have built a neopixel saber using a CFX. It has been interesting and taken a while but I either have it all done or understand it all. The one exception is I have built a crystal chamber and purchased the illumicore crystal from TCSS. I have scoured YouTube and these forums but I cannot for the life of me understand how to wire that in. I just want it to mirror the blade. I dont care if it is in series or parallel. I just want mirrored in the SIMPELIST and most reliable way. Yes I have looked at the diagram on page 123 of the manual and I dont get it. I really need someone to either very specifically as in (Splice pos wire from blade to pos in on illumicore. spice neg from blade to neg in on illumicore. Run data from board to data in on illumicore and from data out on illumicore to blade.) Literally tell me where each wire should start and end. a very simply diagram that looked like a board a blade and a crystal would help as well. Again I know it is a pain and I am sorry for my lack of skill here. I realize to most of you that picture in the manual is simple and clear but it is just not to me. Finally if I wire it as you direct will I need to change something in the file like number of pixels? Thanks in advance for any help. I will be away from the 1st till the 10th so if I dont respond or thank you again quickly dont think I just flaked on you.

From the looks of it, you can wire it in series with your main blade. From the CFX, the wires go to the various “in” ports, and the “out wires” go to your Neopixel connector in the blade holder.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

OK i can understand that but it does lead me to a couple more questions. The negatives from the blade both split to 2 pads on the board. I would just do that before it gets to the Illumicore and the Illumicore can handle the juice? Last question This would basically just make the crystal the first pixel in the blade if I am getting this. So I would need to add 1 pixel in the program files to the board?

OK as I thought about this it made me kinda nervous. So there are two neg and two pos coming from the blade. I would splice those to one each going into and out of the crystal? The crystal could handle all that?
    Last edited by Jaxx; 10-01-2022 at 07:38 AM.

You would use just one of the (+) and (-) wires to the crystal and it should be CFX -> crystal -> blade.

To answer your other question, yes, just add one pixel.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com