Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flashing Red LED & SD Card Troubles

The firmware is the fw.dat file right? I thought it got put onto the sd card, then once the card is inserted into the board, you reboot by holding the main and aux switches while taking out the kill-key? Is there a different reboot method of different way to load the firmware to the board? (Especially since rice isn't an option)

That is correct. I just wanted to make sure that is was actually installed onto the card. Just having it on the SD card doesn’t magically install it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So, I haven't seen anything in the manual fully explaining it, but is there a known meaning for the different flashes of the red on-board led? Like I know it flashes slowly when you initiate a reboot, but does the medium-pace flashing mean something different to the rapid flashing, or are they both just a very general "something's wrong" indicator?

The continuous blinking / solid red means the board can’t read the card.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com