Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What martial arts experience do you have?

Ryma Mara

I know a good bit of many from ti quan do(sp) to BJJ with a bit a aikido, karate.

THe Karate I learned form on of the sons of the father who owned RBWI. The BJJ and aikido was mostly self learned and help from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage179
    I find that martial arts helps with the footwork involved with dueling and weapons training does make a big difference it helps mainly with your reaction time when blocking, not a big fan of spins (I have made people purposely wear gloves when training to keep this down) but i do train with them just for manual dexterity and sometime to add flare to a performance.

More often than not actual technique looks better.

Remember the martial arts motto, "flash is trash without basics"
    lol so does DDR!

I am a master in the art of the 45 cal semi auto, it never fails
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

I hate to agree but your right guns are the weapon of today, thats why i took the cqb training but i dont think id ever own a real gun.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

i have always been a colt 1911 kinda guy my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Do-Clo
    I am a master in the art of the 45 cal semi auto, it never fails
    You must have good EQUILIBRIUM then Do-Clo....
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

I have studied both Aikido and Karate, unarmed varient in Karate. Lightsaber dueling is self taught be a variety of sources. The Carolina Saber Academy was formed by myself and others from this site and we offer lessons on lightsaber dueling with more material under development.

Website is www.carolinasaberacademy.org and is open to all lightsaber enthusiasts.
    Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

Ryma Mara

Ive alwase been a fan of the .45 Long barrel colt myself

My last job had a gang problem located in the neighborhood around it, and people were getting ripped off by thugs. I used to leave work with bank deposits at the end of the day and I noticed that several thug types were watching my habits so I started carrying my 45 on my belt in plain veiw and it didn't take long for them to rethink their lives and go somewhere else. I never even had to draw it from the holster but it was very effective anyway.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

last job was night manager for a liquor store we closed at 2 am and i walked home most nights, its illegal to carry firearms in Canada so i always had my snap out batton with me, only had to pull it out once and like you stated the visual deterent is usually enough.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!