Thread: Question about Quad wrap

Default Question about Quad wrap

I'm a little confused about a blade that is "Quad wrapped" in a clear blade. Is it just the Corbin film rolled four times? That will only be around 11" or so. I've read about clear Cello basket wrap rolled using 5-6 feet of wrap. Is the Cello in addition to the Corbin or instead of? Thanks!

It would be instead of.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you! So, I'm guessing that a Quad wrap is just Corbin rolled four times then?

I contacted UltraSabers where I got the blade and they said They use a 14" piece of the Corbon and it comes out to 5 wraps in the clear thin walled blade and 6 wraps in a thick walled. I'm going to see what it looks like when I get my saber parts from TCSS. It's going to be a RGB Tri-Cree this time. I've built two pixels sabers before. If I don't like the lighting, I'll go to the craft store and get a roll of Cello gift wrap.