Thread: Saber from Amazon

Default Saber from Amazon

Hi all

I beleive this is my first post, but reading posts for the last 3 months along with YouTube video to build one of my own, to which I have most of the parts bought but I got impatient so i bought one from Amazon just to have some fun with till I build mine, and to my surprise it was really nice.
    So, I was wondering if it's possible to change the chassis in it and put in a GHv3 or CFx with a 28 speaker and niopixel blade.
    I hope I'm not going to get in trouble for this but here is the listing for the saber on Amazon
    I hope someone might be able to help with this

Thanks.

Edited - FJK
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-16-2022 at 11:14 AM.

It’s possible, if you know what you’re doing. I don’t think a 28mm speaker would fit in that.

Also, since this forum IS attached to a store, I removed the link. 😉
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info and sorry about the link
    How would I go about determining the correct chassis for this, I know the blade is a 1", and seeing I still have parts to order from the store for my Brass Flagship I thought I could just include the parts for the up grade on this one on the order.
    I figure I got about 2-3 months before my Flagship is ready because I'm acid etching it, followed by powder coating the etched parts, which I will be doing on my only. So I still need something to play with.

You would need a chassis that would fit inside a 1” diameter. Fitting things into that will be a challenge. You won’t really be able to put a sound card on top of a battery pack.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com