Hey guys, feels like it's been forever since I was last on the forum. Work/life/toddler/family has taken a front seat recently and haven't been very active on here because of it. Anyway, I'm getting ready to tackle a new build. Its the K4v2 (aka 89 Sabers K4) and I picked up a CFX for the build as I've been wanting to try one for awhile.

I've been working on the wiring diagram and have been attempting to read through the CFX manual....It's no joke...Its got me pretty intimidated. But the thing that brings me to the forum today is when I'm reading up on the wiring of the NPXL to the CFX. Every bit of documentation I can find seems to suggest that I need to take two (or in the case of what I was trying to do, my single 22 AWG) negative wire(s) from the NPXL and split them/it into two strands and solder them to two separate pads rather than a single pad for each wire.

This strikes me as a wiring nightmare considering my soldering skills are moderate at best and the Silver-plated PTFE 22AWG wire I use for this type of thing is so tightly wound that splitting it into two strands is going to be a pain. I like nice, clean, strong solder joints with as few potential points of failure as possible.

From what I understand it's to enable the deep sleep function to work properly and kill the power to the blade if I were to leave the blade in or if I'm lacking another means of killing the power. That being said, I don't store the saber with the blade in, I'm going to be installing a kill switch, AND I take the battery out for long term storage. I'm fairly certain I have no need for the feature.

My actual question has a couple layers. First of all, am I understanding all of this correctly?

Second of all, if I'm not intending to use the deep sleep function (which is apparently according to all the documentation I can find a pretty weird thing to do) do I just wire my 22AWG negative to any one of the LED Negative pads on the CFX? Or does it go somewhere else? (The CFX manual says something about just using the board negative if you don't need the functionality?)

Third, are there any specific changes I need to make to the board configuration if I will not be using the functionality?

Finally, is there anything else I'm overlooking? I realize that a single 22AWG negative and positive from the NPXL isn't super common and it's usually a couple of 24AWGs each, but I think I can afford the space in the build and I like the cleanliness of a single wire rather than twice as many I need to keep organized and everything I can find in the NPXL manual seems to suggest a single 22AWG should be sufficient.

Thanks in advance everyone!