Thread: Wiring RGB switch using GH3 and pixel blade

Question Wiring RGB switch using GH3 and pixel blade

This is a question on wiring a RGB individually addressable LED ring accient switch on a GHv3 board with a pixel blade, so the accient ring color matches the blade color. If I were wiring an RGB LED blade, I would wire the LED accient ring to the same color LED pad, ie reds to red pad, greens to green pad, etc. But with a pixel blade, the three led pads on the board, red, green, and blue, are bridged together with two wires going to the pixel negative pads. Can I wire all three LED ring accient colors to the bridged GHv3 LED pads, in order to have the switch ring appear the same color as the blade? If not, is there a way, in this situation, to have the switch accient LED match the blade color?
    Thanks,

I found a reference in the CFX manual, "While the board doesn’t support addressable / configurable accents yet (we are working on this), you have 2 options . . . ." And it goes on to explain how a color mixer may be used. So sounds like the technology isn't there yet. One may drive accient LEDs but matching the blade color doesn't seem to be available yet. They are 'working on it'.

Ummm, the CFX and GHv3 boards are two seperate boards.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Do you really expect them to differ on this technology? If any of the sound boards currently available can provide a pixel blade color matching LED accient light, I would like to know which. But I don't think there are any. At least we know Plector Labs is working on it.

Since I don’t really use anything other than PL boards, I don’t know exactly what a GH board can do, but I am aware that the GH is suppose to be a fairly simple board.

And CFX can handle matching an accent switch LED with a pixel blade color. They’ve been able to do that for a while now.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

My mistake for assuming they would work the same. And I shouldn't have used the GH as an example in my question, in this forum. I have also used the CFX soundboard. Your post motivated me to do deeper research. I found that the accient pads on a CFX can be programmed to match a pixel blade color. Thank you for the feedback. This has been very helpful.

This is explained in the GH manual. Check first but I believe you connect RGB from switch to accent pads L4 L5 L6. Then set colour matching to ‘on’ in the general txt file.