Thread: Nano Biscotte V4 w/ Neopixel (No lights but FoC lights up but messes up audio)

Default Nano Biscotte V4 w/ Neopixel (No lights but FoC lights up but messes up audio)

Just finished my first build, Using A Nano Biscotte with Neo Pixel blade.

Everything is from TCSS, i bought anything that was "plug and play". when i pull the kill key the audio works fine, when i put the blade in and turn it on there is no light only sound, but if i hit the hilt the FoC triggers and lights up the blade but then plays corrupted audio (normal audio with static over it. i followed the directions from the old TCSS saber mat. I'm using one of the 18650 batteries with the resistor in the data line. thought of just using a wire with no resistor. looking for some ideas.

thanks for the help!

That’s usually a configuration issue.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    That’s usually a configuration issue.
    so its an issue with the micro sd card? i'm guessing the card is probably programmed for tri cree and not a pixel blade?

Update: have gotten lights working, messing with colors now, audio is getting crackly, not sure what to adjust yet.

Update2: It looks like the speaker problem is not enough power from the battery? i am using the TCSS Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery. what should i be using?
    Last edited by CountPrinky; 10-18-2021 at 06:27 PM.

If you’re using a pixel blade, you need a 15A drain battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

perfect, I'll order the TCSS one today. I also have some Efest 3000mAh 35A 3.7 left over from a vape device. would these also work in a battery cradle?

No, they tend to be unprotected.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines