Thread: Force FX NEOPIXEL Conversions

Default Force FX NEOPIXEL Conversions

I have several Black Series/Force FX sabers. I have successfully done a Force FX Darth Vader Tri-Cree LED conversion using the TCSS conversion kit. (the one that includes the heatsink that screws into the bottom of the blade holder)

I have been wanting to convert my other Force FX stock sabers to NEOPIXEL sabers instead of the LED conversion. After doing quite a bit of research I want to run what I am planning on doing by some of you that have perhaps done this before to see if I am on the right track.

I would purchase the appropriate conversion kit like I was going to do an LED conversion except instead of using the heatsink and screwing it into the bottom of the metal blade holder, I would purchase the Conversion Kit Pixel Hilt Side LED Module Adapter and install a Pixel Hilt side PCB connector.

I would also need to completely gut everything below the blade holder and install a custom chassis to hold the soundboard, speaker and the battery.

Am I on the right track so far?

Where I am a little fuzzy is the switch or switches.... I realize that the new (proffie/CFX soundboards require momentary switches instead of the latching or toggle switch that comes stock in Force FX sabers. Would I have to somehow find a way to install a couple of momentary/tactile switches into the hilt? Also, could I use the stock toggle switch that comes with the ForceFX as a "kill key or power switch"?

I realize that I am asking a lot of questions and I apologize if I am making this much harder than it needs to be. It's just that I have not seen hardly any videos or posts that discuss converting MR/Hasbro Force FX sabers into Neopixel sabers with soundboards. If you know of any resources or videos that may be of help to me; please point me in the right direction. and I thank you very much for all of your help.

Cheers!

For the most part, you’re on the right track. Regarding the switches, you may be able to use the latching switch as the activation switch with a CFX (you’d have to check the manual), but I think they can support latching for the main switch. The aux switch would have to be an aux switch.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com