Thread: Mr. Plecter's Breadboard Setup Analysis

Default Mr. Plecter's Breadboard Setup Analysis

Hello from Seattle!

Mr. Plecter has a great test setup that I wanted to shamelessly copy (see screen capture below from imgbb).

They're from his youtube video "CFX Update Firmware."

https://ibb.co/BL8msfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWV...nel=ErvPlecter

I can identify the basic prototype components, such as the breadboards, pins, push and slide switches, and the CSS inventory items, such as the CFX, speaker, LED strips, OLED screen, and the accent LED's.

I'd like some help from the Wise Ones Of the Forum (W.O.O.F.) in identifying any other crucial components:

Center left, just below the CFX: is that a potentiometer?
    And between the speaker wires: is that yellow item a capacitor?

Any other item of note (or wiring arrangement) that I'm missing?

Thanks again, as always, for the insights!

Cheers,

- The Eternal Paduan Apprentice of Dishwasher Organization

You have correctly identified those components. The yellow item is a capacitor, and above it is a resistor. It's hard to say what they are for without seeing the back. Maybe hardware denounce on the switches? The slide switches look to be for turning the speakers or LEDs off when not desired. I'm not sure what the extra tactile switch is for. (I haven't watched the video or ever used the CFX)

If I had to venture a guess, the third switch is to help reflash the board. The components on the board may just to help determine the final parts that the production board will require.

Other than the obvious parts, I wouldn’t read too much into the rest, as they may only be temporary items to help him develop stuff. or temporarily control things manually as opposed to doing it through software.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-06-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks jbkuma, as always, for your advice!

Thanks, FJK, for the help!
    (The point about reflashing the board is something I wouldn't have considered ...)