Thread: Another old CFX, new firmware question

Default Another old CFX, new firmware question

I've got a pair of CFX boards, one 10.0, one 10.002 I think. I'd like to update to the newest firmware, when I tried to do so using the button method the onboard LED flashed and wouldn't stop seeming to signal that the firmware update didn't happen. I tried updating to 10.005i using RICE through USB and RICE crashed, I tried 10.006 and worked my way down to 001 or 002 when RICE did not crash and allowed me to edit settings. To update firmware am I allowed to skip versions? which software do I need to update firmware? do I need to download the latest soundfont packages to go with the latest RICE versions too?

thanks in advance for the halp.
    Last edited by ASCI Blue; 08-06-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Yes, you can skip versions. I would recommend that you download the RICE version for the FW you’re planning to go to. I would also make sure you have the matching config package, as there are a lot more settings in say 10.006C as there were in 10.002(whatever).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Groovy and thanks for the advice, one CFX is now at 10.005I. The other is waiting on parts which ought to be here tomorrow and will also get updated.