Thread: Do I *NEED* an auxiliary switch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do I *NEED* an auxiliary switch?

Hi,

I'm setting up my first light saber, and am getting a little stuck on the ignition/aux switch setup. My ignition/activation switch is my anti-vandal momentary switch. Do I also need to have an auxiliary switch? The CFX10 manual seems to indicate so:

"General wiring
    The board doesn’t need so many connections for basic operation. Aside of the recharge port (if needed, a removable single cells might not request one) / power supply detailed above, only a pair of switches, the high power LED / ledstrip and the speaker are required to be soldered to get 80% of the features the PC board proposes. "

That comment about 'only a pair of switches ...' is throwing me. And then they add "We advise to have the activator and aux switches wired with a dedicated negative wire that returns to the low power ground pad as depicted above. Make sure you twist / braid the activator, auxiliary and negative (gnd) wires together to avoid the transformer & induction effect from the LED power
    circuit."

I get that I may be missing some functionality "To browse the sound banks and select one, the user must use the auxiliary button (dual-switch operation). Press the aux. button when powering the saber on (general power switch or kill-key removal from the recharge port). "

But, I'm failing to see if it's a must-have. Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Thanks
    Mike

It’s highly recommended for ease of use.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks FJK. I found the section in the manual that talks about the single switch mode. Between that and the CFX Interaction Guide I have a better idea now.

Mike

PS Nice video on wiring up the CFX - very informative.