Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NBV4 PCB Light Strip Won't Activate

I am charging one of the batteries now, just to rule that out (fingers crossed).

Will this charger:
    https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/3...lug-P1524.aspx

be sufficient to charge this battery:
    https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/D...ery-P1559.aspx

Yes, however, it will take several hours to completely charge.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I will leave it on for 3-4 hours. Does that sound about right? What should be the reading on a volt meter when I pull it off?

I just finished a second hilt. I'm using a 2nd card, a 2nd, wiring rig, and a 2nd blade, and a 2nd battery. It has the same problem with the static. The blade lights up red though; no flickering.

I'm REALLY hoping that the problem is with the battery. I'll let you know in about 3 hours. It's been charging for 1.5 hours so far.

Also, what kind of speaker are you using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I'm using a Saber Essentials 28mm Stealth V2 Speaker in both.

So I just pulled the battery off of the charger. It fired right up and it looks like it's working without problems. My question is, how long will that work? It's a 15A draw battery. I don't know what power was in the battery out of the box, but it clearly didn't work properly with the amount of juice available. At full charge, how long can you expect a saber to operate before the speaker sounds like it's killing a cat?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Its a 3.12 amp hour battery so if you where drawing 3.12 amps it would last a hour theoretically. A pixel strip on full white could draw around 10 amps so it would last 18 minutes. On average I would say you will get about 30 minutes if you do not go full white all the time.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

It depends on the color, but as Tim said, 30-45 minutes would be the norm, depending on the color(s) you use.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Thanks. I really do appreciate all of the help. I just wish there was a circuit on the board that would just cut power if the power wasn't correct/enough. It would certainly reduce the number of questions like my own. I'm wondering if the other boards might have that technology built onto them.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The CFX does do that. It will warn you when the power lvl is low and you can also use the blade as a power lvl indicator.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The CFX does do that. It will warn you when the power lvl is low and you can also use the blade as a power lvl indicator.
    What Tim said. All my Neopixel builds are with the CFX. Feel free to check out the wiring video I did about 18 months ago on it. It’s in the video section.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines