Thread: Beginning my propmaking adventure!

Default Beginning my propmaking adventure!

Hello! I have been lurking on-and-off for a few years now and finally decided to make an account and join in.

I've been working on a Jedi costume, with the goal to make as many of the props "real" and functional as I can. For my lightsaber, I did some mockups in wood and found that the MHSV2 diameter feels the best in my hands for holding and dueling, so I plan to build my saber around that. Since I can't justify the expense of a "practice saber" I probably won't use before making one I actually want, I'm trying to build as modular as possible for an economic and easily upgrade-able saber. I'm strongly considering just starting with my internals and chassis so I know exactly what I need before I order any external hilt parts. If this is a good idea or insanity please let me know! I also thought it might be fun to document my progress and put a little index in this post so others can follow along if they want.

See you around the forums and MTFBWY!
    Last edited by JediWanderer; 07-01-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Welcome to the Forums.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com