Thread: Feasycom BT630

Default Feasycom BT630

Hi. I purchased a couple of BT 630 Bluetooth modules back in January of 2020. They've basically just been sitting in my stock until yesterday, as I now have one going in a saber build.
    Unfortunately, neither of them seem to be cooperating, and I've tried both modules with multiple Proffieboards.
    They are recognized by apps on both Android and iPhone for testing, but both fail to actually start controlling things with a pop-up error message saying to check that it's wired correctly and that I am in range.
    They are wired 100% correctly, and configured properly as far as ProffieOS config settings go.

Does anybody have any past experience to share or suggestions as to what might be the issue here?

I spoke with Shtok Custom Worx who developed the app and he suggested it's just old hardware that has since been improved, and/or to use the larger BT909 instead. However, this is not a new application of the product, as I'm pretty sure I've seen many builds successfully using these, however not necessarily Proffieboards, mainly Plecter labs boards with R. I. C. E.
    connections. I also asked Fredrik at Proffie who sees nothing improper about the setup.
    What are the chances I have two Bluetooth modules that are just bad?

You’d have to ask people who deal with Proffies.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You’d have to ask people who deal with Proffies.
    Yes that's somewhat implied I thought. I'm posting in this forum because I purchased them from TCSS January of 2020.

Yes, but most here don’t work with Proffies. There likely isn’t anything wrong with the actual modules. Proffies need to be programmed to work with them, unlike CFX, which just needs to have a config setting changed to work with the popular RICE programs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Yes, but most here don’t work with Proffies.
    Understood. Just reached out on the off chance someone did have experience with it. It's actually the same thing with Proffie. ENABLE_SERIAL in a config file and it works with the apps. Thanks for the replies.