Hi all!
I found this place after seeing somebody I know post some great May 4th pictures of their saber, been a Star Wars fan my whole life so this is all super exciting.

That being said, a few questions for the community - thanks to people in advance for your time in responding!

First, I soldered a bit in high school about fifteen years ago so I understand the basic fundamentals and idea, but am pretty unpracticed. I was planning on getting a soldering iron and some clamps and practice soldering some wires together - from watching videos and reading the beginners guide it seems like the soldering involved isn't super intense, but does it seem doable for somebody who's a beginner?

For parts list I was looking at:
MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 8
8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
Hilt style 4
MPS Pommel Style 6 - machine guarded style switch hole
MPS Clip
MPS Insert Style 4
Rebel Star LED and MHSV1 Heatsink Module - Luxeon Rebel Star (red orange) and Head Sink V3 (Long Style)
BuckPuck 700mA 4-wire
7.4v Li-ion 14650 Battery Pack
Push on/push off switch with black button
Corbin Style 1" show blade OD (36 in)
Heatshrink

Then also getting the drill bit and handle from a different place since it looks like it's out of stock here

Am I missing anything or does this look like it'll be OK to work together?

And for the drilling the hole for the thumbscrew I'm not sure I 100% understand what it's for - is that for giving tension to the blade to stay on?

Finally, a video mentioned putting insulation into the hilt to stabilize the parts inside, is there a recommendation on what to use?

Thank you all so so much!