Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Help TCSS design an activator box

I would like to see a side with a small slit cut in it along with 2 small holes. So that you could mount the dpdt slide switch on it.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

How about instead of a bulky switch box, we get something thats more flush mount that slides up and down, like on the MR Mace.
    RED 7 Standing by...

Wow, that's excactly what I had in mind, I just don't have a way to draw anything up!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Interesting idea.
    It might look cool doing that, but I'm not sure how modular that would be though.

well, i think you could make it modular. How about in addition to cutting circular switch holes in modular center sections, you could also offer the service of cutting rectangular holes for slider switches. Then you could sell different variations of slider switch caps.
    RED 7 Standing by...

Hi SilentBob
    That actually sounds like the direction we'll probably go with this. Ultimately, it's up to Tim, but I think that sounds like the direction we're wanting to go: Some type of base box (square, rounded or whatever) with a modular plate that can allow for switches, recharge ports, LEDs or even decorative plates.
    One thing about the box Jonitus drew, trying to machine a square slot like that would be a pain. If there's going to be a slot like that, having it rounded would be easier:

Corbin

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The plan is to come up with the size first.

Then we will discuss all the different center and top section ideas.

For something more low profile we could even have a piece that just uses the bottom and a top section.

I know everyone wants something different but first off we are doing a modular box design so lets concentrate on that and not other designs.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    The plan is to come up with the size first.

I vote for this one...

Being a "Prototype" I think that's the best dimensions to start with.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

I agree. You dont build a house thinking of what color its going to be, you start at the base. So lets start at the base of the shape and size of the box.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you look at the pics I posted on the last page the box is only 2" long at 2.5" long it seemed too long to me. I could do up a comparison pic I suppose.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop