Quote Originally Posted by supertrogdor
What have you done to keep your activation box on your saber Firebird? Or is that the problem, that you haven't been able to, perhaps a locknut on the inside of the hilt may help, or would you want a curved piece to put between the inside of the hilt so the locknut could rest on a flat surface? Tossing out a couple thoughts, what do you think?
I've used the stock screws, larger-loner ones, and really course threaded ones... They all strip out after a duel. There's just not enough meat on the hilt to hold a screw with that much force, add to that the fact that it's aluminum and there's a real problem.

Also, the fact that the radius of the Luke Box is larger than the MHS allows it to rock back and forth adding additional stress to said bolts, doesn’t help matters.

I think a carriage for a lock nut, like you're talking about, would be a great solution. Something that fits the inside diameter of the hilt and will hold probably both lock nuts. But also slim so it doesn't take up too much space inside the hilt.

One thing I'd ask to be included with every box is a template for the screw holes and the inside hole of the box. It was a challenge to get those holes straight, and the center is still not completely cleaned out.

Edit: After re-reading Tim's post, I think one removable side is a very good idea. It would make installation of switches much easier, and it will add some more dimension and character to the box.