Thread: Looking for someone to customize a saber

Default Looking for someone to customize a saber

Hey, all.

I'm contemplating putting together a saber using mostly MHS parts, but I'll need at least one part that has to be custom-built (or modified from existing parts) and I'm hoping to ask around for someone who'd be willing to help me out (for pay). Is this the right place to ask about that kind of thing? If not, is there a different forum section that would be better for me to use?

Thanks for the help.

Greetings.
    I would direct these exact questions to the owners of this store. It is the “custom” saber shop after all.
    Over the years I’ve seen some absolutely gorgeous custom parts they have done, including some for me.
    Since the MHS system belongs to them, I’m sure they are happy to discuss any project you may have.
    Darkmatter73

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Greetings.
    I would direct these exact questions to the owners of this store. It is the “custom” saber shop after all.
    Over the years I’ve seen some absolutely gorgeous custom parts they have done, including some for me.
    Since the MHS system belongs to them, I’m sure they are happy to discuss any project you may have.
    Darkmatter73
    You know... somewhere in the back of my mind I think I knew that the Custom Saber Shop actually did custom work... and yet somehow in the front of my mind I thought they just sold parts for customizing/building your own saber. Thanks for the advice.
    Would I just send the request using the "Contact us" online form, or is there a different place to submit that would be better?

That could do it.. or you could send an email to sales at... That may be best if you have drawings or CAD files already.

That’s perfect.
    Also the more info you can give them the better. Whether that’s pictures, sketches or engineering drawings with measurements.
    The more specific you are, the more likely you are to get what you want.
    Good luck!
    Darkmatter73

Okay. I've sent them a request via the messaging system.

I'm actually trying to replicate a Derelict saber (the in-game SWTOR one rather than Slothfurnace's original), so images/diagrams shouldn't be a problem. I can ALMOST get what I need from MHS parts, but at least one section will need to be customized.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusKnight View Post
    Okay. I've sent them a request via the messaging system.

I'm actually trying to replicate a Derelict saber (the in-game SWTOR one rather than Slothfurnace's original), so images/diagrams shouldn't be a problem. I can ALMOST get what I need from MHS parts, but at least one section will need to be customized.

Thanks for your help.
    The in game one and the Slothfurnace one are basically one and the same. He made Derelict, and he put it in the game.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    The in game one and the Slothfurnace one are basically one and the same. He made Derelict, and he put it in the game.
    Yes... there are only a few small differences (such as a small block instead of a "bunny ear" clip at the top). Overall I think it's the best looking hilt in the game. My main Jedi (among other characters) has been carrying one almost since the day it was released in the game. So... nine years now, maybe?