Thread: SID Kit Build

Default SID Kit Build

A couple of years back, I bought a SID body and I've finally got the time and money to build it out. Who else has built a SID and what parts do you recommend? I'm thinking about using either a NB or Verso soundcard. What is the best chassis to use? This is a small saber, and there are a two buttons that don't secure in place on their own, so I'm wondering if I need a custom chassis?

IMG_20210323_170111751_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210323_170117116.jpg
    IMG_20210323_170128562_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210323_170214269_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by CET; 03-23-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Check on shapeways? They have a tone of chassis that have been designed for specific sabers. I'm sure there is one to accommodate either soundboard. And go with the nano, the sound quality is better

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Check on shapeways? They have a tone of chassis that have been designed for specific sabers. I'm sure there is one to accommodate either soundboard. And go with the nano, the sound quality is better
    I did a search, and no matter what search phrase I use, it always gives me all 200 pages of chassis results. I was hoping to get advice from someone who built out their SID from TCSS.

As an aside, your forum name is the same as a SW character I created, Reficul Lightbringer. He even has a cool theme song.