Thread: First Build / Hello / New SaberSmith

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Lurker

Default First Build / Hello / New SaberSmith

Greetings everyone from Central Texas! Hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to drop in and say hi and tell you how excited I am to be here with you all and to get started on my first build.
    I would also not mind any pointers on the way from you all.

I will detail the parts that I am using below, and would love a second set of eyes on the buy list just to make sure I have it all correct. Thank you

Saber Hilt Compponents
    1 of: "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    1 of: MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 9
    - Service Drill & Tap Hole (8-32)
    1 of: 8-32 x .3" black thumb screw
    - Service - Drill Tap Hole 8-32
    1 of: Hilt Style 5 (7" Fluted double female threaded connector)
    1 of: Activation box style 5
    - Service - Box 2,3,5,6 Mounting holes service
    1 of: MPS Pommel style 5
    1 of: MPS Clip
    1 of: MPS Insert style 1
    1 of: 1" Hilt safety plug - Trans White
    1 of: 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Blue Ring Switch

Electronics -
    1 of: MWS Recharge Port
    1 of: Red LED indicator
    1 of: .5ohm 1w resistor for the Rebel Star
    1 of: Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module
    1 of: MHSv1 Nano Biscotte V4 Assembly - Rechargeable battery (3rd Channel)
    1 of: Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery

I know I messed up and ordered a latching switch instead of a momentary, so will be fixing that. I probably also need to order the screws to mount the box to the hilt. Probably get a Port cover for the recharge port of some kind.
    But I think that handles pretty much everything but the wires and other tools that I have for my RC cars and planes. I do have a question, when I was looking through the NBv4 it says it doesnt have an indicator light (the one red LED I purchased was going to just be a place holder on the box, but then I saw further down that it has one. Can anyone clarify. I have the NB with the speaker on it.

Second set of eyes is always appreciated.

Looking forwards to more research and awesome builds and my first saber and meeting you all!

Welcome to the forums. Your list looks good at a glance. The NB4 has a 3.3v pad which can be used for the accent LED. It will activate when you boot the saber/pull the kill key but it will need its own resistor.
    Good luck with your first build.
    MTFBWY

Greenie

Board Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Your list looks good at a glance. The NB4 has a 3.3v pad which can be used for the accent LED. It will activate when you boot the saber/pull the kill key but it will need its own resistor.
    Good luck with your first build.
    MTFBWY

Greenie
    Okay, so then I would need a total of 3 resistors in my wiring, one for the lighted momentary switch, one for the blade led, and one for the accent led.

Now I just need to find a program that I can use to draw all this out to make sure I wire it in correctly.

Thanks for the heads up and the help.