Thread: Battery charging through charge port...two questions.

Default Battery charging through charge port...two questions.

Hey all.

I dove right in on my first CFX build and all went great, except for possibly the recharge port wiring (I think).

Before putting everything together, I tested all the functions. The recharge port seemed to be working as described in the manual. When I put the kill key in, it disabled the saber completely. However, I forgot to check battery charging.

Firstly, according to the manual, "When a charger plug is inserted in the recharge port, the charging voltage is reaching both leads of the battery pack while the negative of the board is still unconnected from the circuit..." However, when I insert the charge plug, the board starts blinking the red led, so it seems like it's getting power....?? I'm pretty sure it's not a short, as the board/battery assembly is inside a clear plastic tube (the one that is used for fluorescent tube lights).

Secondly, does the board give some indication that the battery is fully recharged (I'm thinking "no" since it's supposed to not even be receiving power during recharge) or do I have to use an external charger with an indicator??

Thanx all.

Hey. Are you sure of the correct negatives to and from the recharge port? The kill key will appear to function correctly either way round. This is my standard basic answer as I did this on my 1st build. Someone else will probably give better advice.

Greenie

Yes, you probably have the negative wires reversed. When you plug in the recharge cable it should act as a kill key

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Hey. Are you sure of the correct negatives to and from the recharge port? The kill key will appear to function correctly either way round. This is my standard basic answer as I did this on my 1st build. Someone else will probably give better advice.

Greenie
    Yep, you got it. I had them transposed.

The fact that the power cut out when I put the kill key in fooled me.

Thanx!!

No worries. Yeah, the kill key or charging plug just breaks the negative connection so either way it will shut down the saber.