Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CFX Neopixel wiring check

Default CFX Neopixel wiring check

Hey all! I haven't started this build yet, but I was hoping for a check on the wiring diagram. I "feel" like I am missing a resistor somewhere, but not sure where based on the CFX's manual information. (The manual is FANTASTIC, so I am sure it is something, if anything, I am missing).

And how in the heck do you get a larger picture to show up here as the attachment?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deadguy11; 01-22-2021 at 04:47 PM.

To post pics, usually you host it offsite, and post a BBCode link.

For the Neopixel blade, the resistor goes on the blade side PCB
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

FJK,

Thanks for the info on the image posting. Please let me know if having a larger quality version of what I posted would help.

So only the single 0603 SMD 330 ohm and that's it huh?

That’s the main thing. You might need other resistors, but until you fix the picture, I can’t see it well enough to tell you. 😉
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Diagram looks good to me! So for resistor is fine in the picture you have. If you wire it as shown(with the additional bridging of the negative lines on the board) you don't technically need the kill switch because the board will go down to deep sleep mode

Thanks Light Bringer, I'll keep that in mind!

I added a link to the larger picture, shared in my google drive. Just incase a closer look makes a difference. =)

For what you have planned, it looks fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

FJK,

Thank you sir, you are the best!

@FJK - The diagram is showing two momentary switches. Would the wiring be the same with a latching in place of a momentary? (The one on the right in the diagram) And if not, is there a diagram with that setup?