Thread: Question on profile board V2 board

Default Question on profile board V2 board

I wired up my profile V2 for a single neopixel blade purchased from the store item TWShowPXL355. I listed the number of pixels as 132 in the config editor on the profile V2 site. I had no trouble uploading the config file to the board, but when I power it up, it only stays lit for 30-45 seconds and then the low battery alert sounds and it powers down. I am using a Nerfworxlab 18650 3120mah 15amp battery that is fully charged. I also checked for voltage on the positive and negative leads and have 3.2 volts when on. I posted the issue I was having on TRA site and someone asked if it's a v1 or V2 pixel blade from the custom saber shop. I am assuming it's a version 1 which has the 264 pixels wired in series, and then I would put maxledsperstrip as 264 and 264 as the BladeConfig number? I've ordered a new 18650 3.7 3120mah 15 amp battery from the shop in case the current one is defective. I think it might be something in my config file. When I enter just 132 LED's in the config editor, the blade only lights up a quarter of way, but when I enter 264, the entire blade lights up, but only lasts a minute at most. Then the low battery alert sounds. Please advise if anyone else has had this issue before. Thank you.

My guess is that you have the V1 Pixel Strips that are 264 wired in series.

3.2 Volts is not a "full" battery. A fully charged 18650 is 4.1-4.2 Volts. Your board will cease to function at around 3.2 volts or so, so yeah, you have a dead battery as it were. That seems to be your major problem.

TRA is better forum for support on your board, since TCSS doesn't sell Proffieboards.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thanks Tom, I posted on TRA and I was asked which version of the KR blade I have from the css. I figured it was v1 because of the item number it was listed did not have v2 at end. I checked my recharge port for continuity and all looks good there, but it may not be charging correctly. I’ll try a new one along with new battery. Thanks again for the help.