I'm wanting to build a memorial display saber for my dad, who passed away 4 years ago on the 27th. My plan is to do this in a katana-style. In my cart I currently have the MHSv1 3" Tsuba Adapter and Blade Holder Style 17 plus pommel style 12.

First question: how well does the hilt material take paint and adhesives? I want to paint the hilt green then do a katana style wrap in black over it and then pop some small white discs in the spaces between the wraps.

Also, are the threads a standard measurement if I need a different handle material I can get the other parts here and assemble it on my own?

This is going to take some time to build mostly because I don't the money to drop on it all at once. If I order the hilt and the other parts mentioned, can I add the lights later and if so, is there anything I need to do on my initial parts order to prep it? Since this is going to be a wall-hanger, I just want lights no sound.

Since it's a display piece, is there a way to have the blade green so it shows the color scheme when it's not lit?

I'm not much of a "maker" so this is all very new to me. I'm really excited to make this memorial.