Thread: New builder Neopixel Basic parts list

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Question New builder Neopixel Basic parts list

I am wanting to build my first saber. I am going to be putting this thing together over the next several months as a final design hasn't been decided on. In order to stop me from not building the thing, I have to begin getting parts.

The plan as it stands. I want a build based on the CFX board with a neopixel blade (big news there I'm sure). As this build may take a while due to indecisiveness and funds, I would like to get the board up and running just to make sure I have a functioning board as it may not get tested otherwise until a much later date. By then it would be beyond the 30 day warranty period. I am, however, not 100% on exactly what I will need to get in order to have a testable setup running.

Here is the list of things I have in my cart over on the store side.

Crystal Focus Sound Module X MK2
    Wire in various color, 24 gauge (do i need different gauges?)
    Heatshrink tubing in various sizes
    2x SK6812 144 LED Neopixel Strip (i need 2 for the doubling inside the blade right?)
    1 panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery
    adapter and charger for said battery

I know I will need a resistor for the data line on the pixel strip but what size I'll need, I have no idea.

But for the knowledgeable out there. Does this look like enough to get the CFX board up and running to test and begin to play around with settings and features?

Thanks in advance for any tips, suggestions and warnings you guys/gals have to offer.

Not bad there! A few more things for sure though.
    First and foremost make sure the battery you pick is the high amp(15A) drain version. There a couple different ones in the shop and if you don't get the right one it won't be successful!
    You also need to get two momentary switches to turn it on and off and to test out the color changing and features. If you want a speaker perhaps to listen to the fonts while testing them?

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Not bad there! A few more things for sure though.
    First and foremost make sure the battery you pick is the high amp(15A) drain version. There a couple different ones in the shop and if you don't get the right one it won't be successful!
    You also need to get two momentary switches to turn it on and off and to test out the color changing and features. If you want a speaker perhaps to listen to the fonts while testing them?

Thanks a bunch for the heads up on the battery. Looks like the shop is currently out of stock on those at the moment.

Do you know if that 330 ohm surface mount resistor in the shop is sufficient for the data lines?

Yep that is definitely the one! They are super tiny, but cheap, so buy like 6 of them. It is really easy to drop them or send them flying with tweezers and you will never see it again lol or you could buy the connector that has it already installed for you