Thread: Same level as GND when both are connect...WHAT?

Default Same level as GND when both are connect...WHAT?

Call me crazy...but what does "BATT- - negative pad for LEDs, needs to be at same level as GND when both are connected". I am using the Proffieboard V2.2. Does that mean the Proffieboard has to be flat? For motion I'm guessing.
    Last edited by devvlok; 12-05-2020 at 09:41 PM.

That board isn’t sold here at TCSS, so I don’t believe that you’re going to find many, of any people here who will be able to really help you out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'm not sure what this refers to out of context, or what you think is wrong with this. In general bat- and gnd are almost always treated as equivalent. If you had something out of range on an external supply it could push the things out of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by devvlok View Post
    Call me crazy...but what does "BATT- - negative pad for LEDs, needs to be at same level as GND when both are connected". I am using the Proffieboard V2.2. Does that mean the Proffieboard has to be flat? For motion I'm guessing.
    Where did you get this from? Battery Negative Pad and GND are bridged on Proffie 2.2. They are both common. Neopixel negative goes to the fets. Not sure what your question means. I have installed a Proffie or two.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."