Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man them plastic retaining nuts for the switches really suck

Ryma Mara

Default Man them plastic retaining nuts for the switches really suck

I have lost a couple just by simple spinging and getting my shoulder mucles built up but Man I got to find a better way to keep the switch retaining nut from comming off.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

lol. super glue

BLUE 3- Ready

Ryma Mara

yeah. oh well

why dont you get a different switch or get a metal peice made that is just like it?

Ryma Mara

Hard to find. Iam actually looking at a different type of switch.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

chat?

BLUE 3- Ready

dude, ryma. i have the perfect solution for you. go to home depot or lowes. the electrical isle somewhere has switches for lamps and such. i got a new switch from there because the switch i had, the wires broke. the new one i got is a little big...but man its tough. i think it looks better also. not to mention the wires are a LOT thicker so its better. i think it costs like...3.50. not expencive and its the same size as the switches tim sells here.

Ryma Mara

the closest thing we got is a menards.

well i have no idea what that is, but im sure they have something. if not, you could order one online. i tried finding some but there are so many types of switches that a million things came up. its a 1/4th inch push button electrical swtich if you want to look.

I'm in the same boat. I like Tim's switch but not the retaining nut. I pick up the brass pushbutton switches from Ace Hardware and use their retaining nut, which is either nickel plated or brass and it fits Tim's switches perfectly. It's a few extra dollars, but the look is nice.