Thread: CFX accessing sound bank

Default CFX accessing sound bank

I've been experiencing an issue where the sound bank selection menu sounds off, having made a long press on the Aux, but rather than enter into the actual sound bank selection, it discontinues and remains with the last saved font. Sometimes it works as expected. I've reformatted the SD card a few times which hasn't helped. I also changed the valsnd = 0, to valsnd=1 and although it enters the menu differently the same problem at the sound bank selection occurs. I did find that holding the Aux during removal of the kill key successfully enters the selection as desired, as a work around I suppose.

Has anyone else had this issue with version ## For CrystalFocusX-v10.004D - 01-02-2020 which is what's on my card.

As soon as you access the sound menu, you let go of the aux button, and quickly tap the aux button to go to the next font.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

"As soon as you access the sound menu, you let go of the aux button"

That's the issue, once I hear the font "Sound bank selection" and let go of the Aux button, it should let me select the font I want. Instead the menu quits, returning to the current saved font, with no option except to repeat the process. I may have to update the firmware or something.

You let go for a second, and then press it quickly to advance to the next font.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com