Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Documenting First Build, Looking for Input

View down the Emitter (AKA: Luke Skywalker's view ):

This is what I have so far.
    In regards to Li-ion batteries, how snug of a hold is "too much" and how much is "too loose"?
    My chassis allows the battery to go in smoothly for each of my batteries (I purchased a few to have the option of swapping them out when needed). The circumference space/gap for the battery is minimal, but noticeable when I wiggle it (maybe 1/4 mm ish). The vertical space/gap for the battery is under 1mm for each battery. Would it be beneficial to add a little craft foam for these tolerances?

If the battery doesn’t slide around too easily, then you’re good. The fact that you have that little blocker there is good.
    id be more concerned about accessing the chassis as a while, once everything is wired into place, though that does depend on how you would do things.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com