Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Learning electronic basics

Default Thank you for the information

First)

Thank you Erv,
    You have provided us with a great resource. I have always had a electronics affinity. I look forward to reading more from Forrest M. Mims III. if there are any other books that anyone feels is relevant would be likewise appreciated.

Thank you to the rest of the forum members for all their insights and for their willingness to pass on information and to help the community grow. I hope that I will be able in time to contribute useful information and Ideas to the community.

Nacht

i remember seeing a link to a PDF on basic electronics tutorials in another thread and ill be d***ed if i cant remember which one it was! do you think any of you have seen it or know of it? i coulda swore i dl'd it, but i cant find it anywhere in my system. thanks......

edit 02-23 04:39 PST: dont worry about the thread. i found it and the web site was http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/index.html.
    Last edited by kage_no_mozaiku; 02-23-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Erv, you make a newcomer happy. I wasn't properly trained in the soldering arts. I will watch this video a dozen times.

Erv, thanks to you, I don't need to make a thread asking this very same question. I want to make my own soundboard that will basically be a Petit Crouton minus the pilot LEDS (have no need for them, since there are no holes in the hilt I've had for five years). I'm hoping this author will teacher what I need to know. Thank you for the advice.

Just remembered this thread, so I guess it's worth mentioning that Sparkfun electronics just got these books in. Electronic Formulas, Symbols & Circuits, the other books are at the bottom of the page in related products. Definitely well worth the price, and the way they're laid out (like a notebook) is a brilliant reference guide for when you need to find some info in a pinch.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Thanks for the tips about the books.

I think the local RadioShacks are carrying these again as well (at least mine are) ....(Erv mentioned they used to be there in first post, looks they are going back to their roots on this one)

Not to sure how things work with forums, but I just have a quick question of my LED saber build. I'm not very sure which resistor to use.

My build will be using the: SPST 12mm Momentary green ring Illuminated switch. As well as the, Rebel Star LED & MHSV2 Heatsink Module and 4AAA battery holder with mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Solodarkblade View Post
    Not to sure how things work with forums, but I just have a quick question of my LED saber build. I'm not very sure which resistor to use.

My build will be using the: SPST 12mm Momentary green ring Illuminated switch. As well as the, Rebel Star LED & MHSV2 Heatsink Module and 4AAA battery holder with mount.
    Welcome to the Forums.

This will help you out:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law

You will have to gather the various facts you need from the various products you mentioned. Voltage from the battery pack. Voltage and current from the LEDs, etc.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com