Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help on a new build.. Trident blade Neopixel.. Blade reboots if volume over 30%

Default Help on a new build.. Trident blade Neopixel.. Blade reboots if volume over 30%

Hello,
    Im new to saber building and Im totally loving it! My first build is a Kylo replica using CrystalForce10 with Neopixels for the main blade (119) and the trident blades (15). The trident blades are powered by the LS2 channel. Im using a 18650 Sony 25ampCDR battery. Im using the WOW (4watt max) speaker.. When ever I bring the volume over 30% and hit the laser bolt/ clash, the saber cuts off and reboots.. I have tried adding a capacitor to the main blade but did not seem to help. I lowered the brightness from 700 to 600 and that has made a difference.. Do you think the speaker (since 4 watts instead of 3 watts) is drawing too much juice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

when I looked up the battery online, it says it is not a protected cell. If it is not protected, you need to swap that out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    when I looked up the battery online, it says it is not a protected cell. If it is not protected, you need to swap that out ASAP.
    Ok...I have some Keeppowers 3120mAh @15 Continuous Discharge... Should that be enough to power this saber?

Yes that should be enough, try it and see what happens. It definitely sounds like some kind of auto shut off is happening when the power level peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Yes that should be enough, try it and see what happens. It definitely sounds like some kind of auto shut off is happening when the power level peaks.
    Thanks, Ill let you know what happens!

It's not the speaker, it's the whole picture. Your blades are drawing way more power than the amp. It's just the push over the edge. Also when the effect triggers it probably draws a bit more current for the colors involved.

Im going to try replacing my power wires with a heavier gauge. I used 26 gauge on everything and maybe thinking a heavier gauge on the +/- will help. In the manual it says a minimum of 24guage, and did not catch that before I started my build...

You have a lot of pixels, I think you should really consider at least doubling that 26 or going to something heavier, at least for the power connections from the battery. You can use lighter connections to the side blades.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    You have a lot of pixels, I think you should really consider at least doubling that 26 or going to something heavier, at least for the power connections from the battery. You can use lighter connections to the side blades.
    Sounds good... Ill give it a shot and will let you know. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    So, I doubled the wires coming from the battery and also the positive and negative going to the main blade... The saber works now and I cant stop smiling. Thanks for the input and help!