Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: double bladed lightsaber

Board Lurker

Default double bladed lightsaber

im looking for some help. i need to build two double bladed sabers.
    im 3d printing outer shells which will slide over an aluminum tube. i have 1" to 1.125" i.d.
    the first one is darth mauls. two red blades. i would like to use one power source and one speaker and soundboard. any recommendations on what parts to order?
    the second is a jedi temple guard staff. this one is a little more difficult since it is yellow. i need to figure out the same components as the red saber but also need a yellow led. the amber one wont look right.
    please help. ive been banging my head against a wall tring to figure out what i need but there are so many options. thanks

As far as the yellow LED goes, the tri-rebel led with combinations of red orange and lime or green makes the best yellow hues. As far as parts for the rest of it, you just need to do some more research my man. Watch some of the videos from the custom saber shop with Rob and he helps show what all is needed for saber builds. Most people on here won't do the shopping list for ya

Board Lurker

im not looking for someone to do the list for me but i need advice. first. can i run two tri cree or tri rebel leds with on nano biscotte? if not, how do i do it? i cant find any info on saber staff builds.

No, you really can’t.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Board Lurker

cant what?

Board Lurker

oh and that shouldve said on one NBV4

Quote Originally Posted by joebatts View Post
    cant what?
    Sufficiently run multiple Tri-Crees on a single NB.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Board Lurker

ok, so what are my options? can i run one off the nb and then, i guess, a buck puck for the other? will a buck puck provide foc?

No, you would need two cards.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    No, you would need two cards.
    Actually, the NBV4 should be able to run it fine. The MOSFETs were upgraded from previous versions to be able to support controlling power to a pixel blades. You should really be able to run more than 2 on the V4.