Thread: Modifying an an Acrylic Chassis Disk for a NB Pre-wired Module

Default Modifying an an Acrylic Chassis Disk for a NB Pre-wired Module

Hello from Seattle!

Has anyone tried adapting an acrylic chassis disc to hold a pre-wired NB sound module?

Looks like it may work, but I recall reading somewhere on TCSS site that the module is not designed for insertion in an acrylic disc.
    My students like to live dangerously tho.

I have two packs each of NB / Pico and CFX discs, so I can afford a mistake or two with a rotary tool.

Any advice and / or best practices?

Thanks!

if you only have to make small adjustments use small files, you'll have more control and less likely for things to go horribly wrong.

I use a file or my dremmel tool to carefully adjust them as needed. Just be careful bc it is easy to go way too far lol

Thanks again for the sage advice, jbkuma. Much obliged.
    I endeavor to keep teenage students and horribly wrong as far apart as possible.

Thanks, Light Bringer. I have a 1/8" grinding tool thingy for my Dremel, but that still seems a bit too big. What attachment would you recommend?

Honestly you can usually use the diamond tip attachments that are usually used for engraving bc it has a super fine point. Most everything will melt right through it with ease because that acrylic material is so soft. I also have a small piece that has a round trip that I use for pretty much everything.

Thanks, Light Bringer!
    I nabbed a diamond tip attachment and that works great.
    Much obliged!

Anytime man! If you ever need anything, feel free to give me a shout!