Thread: Warning! not all 28mm speakers are the same. (avoid these)

Default Warning! not all 28mm speakers are the same. (avoid these)

due to limited stock in TCSS AND the fact i had amazon gift card balance i bought my speaker for my project from amazon. i specifically looked for the 28mm sized ones to fit in the hilt and well. technically they are 28mm. however.
    dremal foo is needed to extract them because the blocks they come in ARE the speakers. not just some fancy housing to make mounting "easier" for whatever project.

here is a link to the speakers if you want to avoid them and just buy ones that are rounded and ready to use out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if i would of known. i would of payed the extra $2 for the top of the line single speaker from TCSS.

side note. i tried them on a small bluetooth amp (i plan to make a BT speaker) and they sound horrible! ALL mid. no trebble or bass!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

I'm very partial to the normal $6.50 bass speakers from tcss. I love the quality sound of the saber essential stealth ones but they are easy to blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    I'm very partial to the normal $6.50 bass speakers from tcss. I love the quality sound of the saber essential stealth ones but they are easy to blow out.
    those where out of stock i think when i tried buying them with my order. the only size 28mm avilable was the $12 ones. and well. like i said. when i had free monies with amazon or spend $12 out of pocket.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.