Thread: Battery for rechargeable stunt build

Default Battery for rechargeable stunt build

Hi everyone! I apologize in advance if this is a question that's already been answered in a previous thread, but I wasn't able to find an answer.
    I'm getting ready to wire a few stunt builds, but I want to include a recharge port in each, so I've been looking at rechargeable batteries. Because I just need the battery to run a quad cree 12W LED (from SaberForge), I was going to order some Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCBs, but is that the right battery for a basic LED saber? I'm still pretty new to all this. I assumed 3.7V was the right voltage, but I wasn't sure 3400mAh was the right milliamp/hour. (To give context, I've been using a 3.7V 3400mAh battery in my stunt build for the last few years.)

Welcome to the Forums.

Yes, that would be the battery you would need.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Just a thought. By the nature of stunt sabers, you may want removable batteries rather than waiting for them to recharge before you can continue duelling.

Greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Just a thought. By the nature of stunt sabers, you may want removable batteries rather than waiting for them to recharge before you can continue duelling.

Greenie
    Thanks for the tip! I've been using removable batteries for the last few years and the removable 18650 I've been using has a really long battery life, so I'm not super concerned about running out of juice mid-duel if the rechargeable batteries I order have the same specs. I'll definitely keep that in mind if it becomes a problem later though!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Very practical idea, thank you!