Thread: B&O Beomaster style saber

Default B&O Beomaster style saber

This is my new RGB lightsaber inspired by the B&O Beolink 1000 remote control.
    It has 11 colors, 3 sound fonts plus 3 volume levels and mute, foc, and lockup.
    A subtle paintjob and a really small weathering will follow.
    After that the hilt will get a speaker upgrade to an Visaton K23 SQ speaker.

Cheers Yogie

11.jpg
    Last edited by Yogie; 08-15-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Very nice, I love seeing sabers take inspiration from unique sources!

A little progress. I've installed the Visaton K23 SQ speaker. What a difference in sound quality and volume level.
    I have decided to mount a Neoperl faucet sprayer from our hardware store as a pommel. I am really happy with it.

12.jpg13.jpg

Cool saber Yogie. Nice work.

Greenie

Done. Paintjob and subtle weathering is finished.
    I really like the used look.

14.jpg15.jpg17.jpg
    Last edited by Yogie; 08-18-2020 at 12:56 PM.

I've found a interresting leftover in the garage from my bike builds early this year.
    A little black saddle clamp. I think it's a nice addition to the hilt.

18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yogie View Post
    A little progress. I've installed the Visaton K23 SQ speaker. What a difference in sound quality and volume level.
    I have decided to mount a Neoperl faucet sprayer from our hardware store as a pommel. I am really happy with it.

12.jpg13.jpg

Great job, love the pommel. What speaker is that? I haven't seen that one. How does it compare to a Wow?

Hi Jediseth

Attached you will find the detailed specs of the speaker. Visaton is a small well known company in Germany located in North Rhine Westphalia.
    Their focus is mainly the industry and the DIY HiFi market.These guys produce high quality speakers for every need.
    The frequency range of the K23 SQ is 300 - 19000 Hz at 74dB. The inner diameter of the hilt is 23mm and therefore an 28mm speaker wasn't an option.
    Unfortunately I dont't have a chance to compare it to a Wow.

https://www.visaton.de/en/products/m.../k-23-sq-8-ohm

These are the distributors for the US market:

1.) MOUSER ELECTRONICS , 1000 North Main Street , Mansfield, TX 76063, USA, Email: sales@mouser.com, Internet: mouser.com
    2.) Parts Express Intl, Inc. , 725 Pleasant Valley Drive , Ohio 45066 Springboro , USA , Email: wholesale@parts-express.com, Internet: parts-express.com/wholesale
    3.) Digi-Key Electronics , 701 Brooks Avenue South , Thief River Falls, MN 56701 , USA , Email: sales@digikey.com, Internet: digikey.com
    Last edited by Yogie; 08-22-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Added some grey leather stripes to the hilt.

21.jpg22.jpg
    Last edited by Yogie; 08-27-2020 at 07:09 AM.